Gouldian wing issue

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a Gouldian that's holding one of its wings strangely. It's spending the majority of its time at ground level, only flying when I come too close.
IMG_20180106_174159.jpg
IMG_20180106_174144.jpg
IMG_20180106_174138.jpg
I don't think the wing is broken. A fracture perhaps? Or something else entirely? Do you think it's likely to self-correct?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gomer

I very much doubt it will self correct Shane. It will still be a perfect breeder though if it heals in a few weeks and can fly. I have had this happen due to accidents over the years and never had one come good.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like Gomer says. The wing will likely stay like that, but the bruising will heal, so flight may get back to normal. Probably a fright injury.
LML
LML
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He seems to be flying again now, and has been busy courting hens, so it looks as though his bad wing isn't going to cause too much trouble.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ShaneGowland wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 19:56 He seems to be flying again now, and has been busy courting hens, so it looks as though his bad wing isn't going to cause too much trouble.
Had the odd one collide into another flying in aviary. .after a day or two back to flying around. .so maybe just light bruising? :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've had a cock with a badly out of place wing, thought a currowong almost got him, go on to be a very successful dad. He needed a little help with perches placed for his convenience as his flight remained weak. So glad your guy is all good.
LML
LML
CathyCraftz

The injury might be caused by a night fright or wild birds. Keep an eye on the wing though.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Finch Health”