Contact Details

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
Rod_L

Perhaps in this section of the forum, you could have information like an email address so people can contact a moderator or admin or somebody who can help with problems.

For example I joined this forum about a week ago but have been unable to login for whatever reason. I used the contact us link at the bottom of the page because it was the only contact available here. Nobody has responded to the emails I sent through about this issue.

Having a sticky in this section, with info for new people and existing members to contact someone on, would be helpful. All you need is an email address, or a link that lets people contact via pm without having to login.

Currently if there is an issue logging on, or anything that prevents members from using the site and perhaps pm-ing someone for help, there appears to be no way of requesting help. And from a new member's perspective, that is not good.

---------------
While I am here, I had to request a password change to try and login and I can now login via my old computer. However, I am still unable to login with my new computer that is using the latest microsoft and firefox web browsers.
Does anyone have any ideas why I can't login with the new pc and new browsers?

issue 2.
How do I change my password? I can't find any way of changing my password to something I can type in or remember.
death to all cats & ants
Craig52

Hi Rod, i have re forced activation so you are now active. Your new computer needs to be running on the same browser as your old one or you will have trouble with Microsoft applications. I have Windows 10 with Microsoft 365 but have to use google as my default browser as had too much trouble.
Anyway, if you have read the post in Contact Details our email address is [email protected]

Craig
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Rod_L

thanks guys. I am on now.

last question, how do I change my password to something I can remember? The automated one I got is not something I can remember :)
death to all cats & ants
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

next to your name top rh corner arrow...click on user control panel...then in there profile ...then account settings...in there is change or update password...you will need one you have now to change it :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Rod_L

Having all sorts of issues here. Was unable to login after clearing the web browser history so tried to send an email from the link
[email protected]
and it was bounced back saying can't deliver.
I was then unable to login for the last few days, and today I can login. No idea what's going on :(
death to all cats & ants
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Weird... I have mine on remember me.. so don't have to use password every time 😉
Rod_L

ok I tried to change my password to something more user friendly and I got a red message saying:
The new password you entered is the same as your current password.
The current password you entered is incorrect.

I used the computer generated password in the current password location. And I entered a new different password in the new password and confirm password sections.

what am I doing wrong?
death to all cats & ants
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did you copy and paste? ?? If you did it wont work. ..have to type each one in 😉
Rod_L

I did not copy and paste. I typed the passwords in with the keys.

I tried to login just now with the original computer generated password and couldn't. So I tried the new password that I tried to set up last night and it did work. Fingers crossed, let's hope its all good from now on :)
death to all cats & ants

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”