Canberra Birds

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
BartonPark

I'm heading down to Canberra on Wednesday and returning on Thursday (deliverying a wardrobe to my son). My wife will probably want to do some shopping down there so I thought I might organise an excursion for myself. Could anyone recommend some good "finch" shops down in canberra I could pay a visit too? Obviuosly, I'm only looking :lol: but I will be taking my transport cage just in case!

Ian
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hopefully Jay comes on soon and can answer this for you
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks Mick,

Yup, here I am.

There aren't any specific bird shops around Canberra, but some of them hold some finches.

Pet's Paradise (109 Wollongong St. Fyshwick) has finches from time to time, I got some longtails there once.

Pet and Aquarium Winkel (56 Hoskins St. Mitchell) has a few aviaries in a birdroom round the back, often has a few orange breasts, lovebirds, red faced parrot finches, and some of the bigger parrots and budgies. always zebras are around!

Powell's Stockfeeds in Colby Court Phillip has bird feeds, cages, parephinalia, etc.

Hope that helps! :D
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
BartonPark

Thanks Guys. That'll give me a starting point for something to do anyway. I'd rather waist my time travelling around and looking at a few birds than walking around shopping any day :D

Thansk again Jay

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”