Lost Bird - Found Bird - Lost Bird

White Rumped and Black Rumped.
Includes Species Profiles.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bugger! DBs are pretty smart little fellas, when I lost mine I took the remaining bird (the lost one's mate) out of the aviary and put it in a cage to try and lure the other one down
It didn't work. As I carried the cage to the barbecue whereI was going to put it, the bottom fell out and the second one was gone!
I managed to recapture the two king quail who were also in the cage but by the time I was done hunting through the ivy for them the DBs had vanished.
A real homer simpson "D'OH!" moment!!! :lol:
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
cookey

Today I went for a walk up nearby Mount Taylor. For those who don't know Canberra, Mt Taylor is a nature reserve tucked between suburbs and pretty heavily policed by local wildlife services. It is a real haven for wildlife.

Well, the Doublebar I lost obviously thought it was a great haven because there he was! I watched him for about half an hour and he seemed very healthy, brightly coloured and full of life. he also seemed to have taken up with a pair of Superb Fairy Wren hens!!!!

Anyway, I'm glad he's going well and maybe there is still hope that he will find his way to the flock of doublebars reported to be living on the northside somewhere. Either that or I release others into the wild and they start their own colony!!!!
"If your surrounded by yes men, one of you has to go".
Colin Powell
CathyCraftz

What a smart little fellow ;) he actually returned! Wish my male zebra was that smart, he just left and never came back. :wave: :cry:
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Generally speaking if birds escape and have a mate they will hang arround. If however they escape on a very windy day, they sometimes get blown away and don't have a choice.
LML
LML

Return to “Double Bar”