Two Questions

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
CathyCraftz

My two hens had a bath today and the pied hen had droopy wings and heavy breathing afterwards but it is better now. Is it normal?
My normal grey hen has a long nail with a very long quick so there is only a tiny bit of nail that can be clipped off, but it is risky. Should I leave the nail as it is when I clip their nails?
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Regarding the nails. Do the birds have natural perches in different thicknesses? That is the best way to have nature wear their nails down.
LML
LML
CathyCraftz

Finchbreeder I am aware of that but does the quick grow on its own, the longer the nail is?
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore
Norse

Yep the vein will grow to match the nail length, small trims over time should reduce it, and work out the cause for the future to prevent, as for heavy breathing, sounds like a sick bird to me, enough sun ? Temperature ? ect, pics of setup may she'd some light.
projects atm Normal and AY Gouldians, Red zebs and java's
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am aware of that
You would be surprised how many people are not.
LML
LML
CathyCraftz

Norse wrote: 23 Jul 2018, 05:25 Yep the vein will grow to match the nail length, small trims over time should reduce it, and work out the cause for the future to prevent, as for heavy breathing, sounds like a sick bird to me, enough sun ? Temperature ? ect, pics of setup may she'd some light.
Norse she was only like that straight after the bath but as she dried up she got better.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
Norse

If you are aware of the answers to your questions before you ask them, does it not defeat the purpose of asking ?
projects atm Normal and AY Gouldians, Red zebs and java's

Return to “Finch Health”