Moxidectin and animals in general.

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
BENSONSAN

Sorry gomer to be asking twice. But 1ml of moxidectin? On the neck?

Ben
E Orix

I have been in contact with Vetafarm with regard buying Scatt and they still are not allowed to sell to the general public.
Your local Vet can order it in for you and supply it quite legally.
It is the safest form of Moxidectin I know.I doubt if it is possible to over dose.
Simply apply a couple of drops to the bare skin behind the kneck or the bare skin under the wing.
It comes in an easy to use applicatorIt lasts along while and well worth the effort of getting it.
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

i personally think that should be left to a vet.... my outlaws have a bull terrier and they can be prone to mites. they were prescribed ivermectin but had to give it to him after its had been fed by syringing a large quantity down his throat.(the stuff was watered down so it wasnt in purest form) a few years on he has no mites but he has developed large lumps all over him a new vet has said thats its caused by the ivermectin, now they are waiting to see if its cancerous..so be warned...pete
gomer

BENSONSAN wrote:Sorry gomer to be asking twice. But 1ml of moxidectin? On the neck?

Ben
As I said before,I give my 5kg dogs.1ml on the back of the neck,bare skin.And you will need to check dosage rates for dogs yourself.Either on the label or via a vet.As with any medication you are responsible for administrating the correct dosage and medication to your animals.This is only what I have done for years without any problems with my dogs,But Im no vet.Moxidectin has a larger tolerence then ivermectin.Which is possibly why it is preferred for birds over ivermectin.
Just as over the years people have used panacure for sheep and nilverm for pigs and moxidectin for sheep etc etc on their birds.It was not originally designed to treat birds but people still used them and still use them.And they probably lost a few birds to due to incorrect administration.

As always if in doubt contact your local vet.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
BENSONSAN

thx again to everyone for replying to this i will let you all know how i fair after i speak to a vet a auspigeonco and such been so busy at work got no damn time.

Ben

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”