Hello again!

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The only difference between Red faced, Sea Green and Pied sea green is the differnce between Blondes, Red heads and Brunettes. And just walk down the street to see how likely they are to go for their own kind in preference to one of the others. So you are likely to have crosses there without them even thinking they are crossing. Cause technically they are not. - The joys of genetics.
LML
LML
Classifierthorough

Goodness! Ok guess I’ll pick which I prefer to continue with and move the others to the other avairy. Thanks for that.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And the same applies to Gouldians. Colour of heads and chests and backs is just the same as with humans. They dont care what colour head or chest their partner has. So you will get crossing there too. Enjoy learning finch genetics.
LML
LML
Classifierthorough

Thank you I will. I have purchased some double split to blues. And some split to blues and left them to their own preferences. I think there’s about 60 mixed colours but the guy I bought the Australian yellows wanted me to pair them up in little cages and I prefer to let them decide. I’m happy whatever the outcome. I did pay a lot I realise now but it’s my hobby so be it. Loving my birds!
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don;t know what you mean by double split to blues? If a Gouldian has 2 blue genes it is blue. If it has one normal and one blue it is split to blue. If one parent is blue and one is split, Jnr. will either be blue or split. If both parents are split to blue Jnr. will be blue, or Jnr. will look normal. With those that look normal from splits you have a 33% chance of having purchased a normal bird not a split, and are taking a complete gamble. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you knew what you were chancing.
LML
LML
Craig52

I think he means split Australian yellows and split to blue as mentioned earlier FB.
Classifierthorough

Oh sorry, yes split A.yellows and split to blue. Thanks Craig52 for that.
Craig52

That's ok mate, but time to start a new thread in a suitable Forum. Craig :thumbup:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ah now it makes sence. Read it but it didn't register. Will make for interesting chicks.
LML
LML

Return to “Introduce Yourself”