Suitable partner for a young female zebra

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
geht

Hello,
What would be a suitable cage partner for a young (4 months) female zebra? I would like to get a male, but I had an issue before with a young female (10 months) with a male partner getting egg bound and would really like to avoid that. :?
Thanks,
arthur

4 months is not young for a Zebbie hen to breed, although a little older may be better . . so obviously neither is 10 months . .

The egg-binding was from other causes

Provide cuttlefish/ grit/ eggshell . . and . . a male Zebra Finch . . and perhaps a bit more warmth
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And some green seeding grasses to help get her in tip top condition, and perhaps a more spacious cage to exercise more. I persume you have them in indoor cages?
LML
LML
geht

They are in indoor cages, I'm a bit maxed out for space. I let them fly outside the cage some days. I'll try these suggestions, thanks very much :)
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you are letting them have a fly arround every couple of days that should do the job - exercise wise. Being indoors their vitamin D could be low, this is improved by access to greens - which was the reason for that suggestion.
LML
LML

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”