Orange bird sale

News and announcements from bird clubs.
Lachlan1

Hi Team,

This will be my first time attending this sale. Just wanted to know how many of you head out and what to expect. Ive only heard good things so far. I'll be travelling form Sydney.

Cheers
E Orix

The best advice I can give you if you are not a seller get there early.
There is always a crowd waiting for the doors to open.
Lachlan pm sent
E Orix

We are back from our annual pilgrimage to the Orange bird sale, it has definitely grown to be the largest and best sale (imo).
This year there were numerous types and big numbers that many went home unsold.As usual though the better quality birds of the
species went first.
Lachlan1

I agree. It was my first time attending and it did not disappoint. A big thank you for E Orix for showing me the ropes before the sale.

The quality of the finches was generally high and the range of what was available was vast. Commonly seen species where gouldians (most mutations), long tails, stars, painteds (including fawn), owls, orange breasts, ruddies, RC cordons, cutthroats, zebras and diamond (mainly mutations).

We were also lucky to see some less common species like Blue caps, Yellow and red siskins, Melbas, male red winged pytillias and lots more.

All in all it was a great experience. There are a few things a think that could be monitored better. First and foremost was was the size of the cages for the parrots was extremely inadequate and birds should not be shown at all if they are in a fully wire cage. It would also add to the experience of the buyer if less sales between sellers where made prior to the buyers even walking in the venue. I was lucky enough to see some of the birds benched during set up but noticed that a lot of noteworthy birds where nowhere to be seen once the doors opened to the general public. I am a little torn on this subject however for a few reasons.

My girlfriend and I had a great time and highly recommend this sale to everyone who can go. We plan to be there buying and selling next year.

You can view some videos and images of what we got on this link. https://www.instagram.com/finches_australia/
Finchman1

I had a great time.I noticed an absence of Nuns,Yellow rumps,silverbills,not very many Red face parrot finches and not very many normal diamonds

Return to “Avicultural Clubs & Associations”