A Pool Shaft-tail Finch

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
zj7756

I've got a pool shaft-tail finch from one of my friends. It's only 15 days from hatched. I named him 'Xiao Xiazi' which means blind bird in Chinese.
Xiazi dosen't have eyes with born. And, its lower beak is a little longer than normal.
I think it is too cruel to just leave him there. Xiazi is trying his best to struggling to survive. I decided to hand feed him and also try my best to raise him.
Dose any one have related experience could share with me? How can I teach Xiazi find food case in a cage. I can give him a sperated cage with him alone.
Hope he can survive.....
微信图片_201904192256162.jpg
微信图片_20190419225616.jpg
微信图片_201904192256163.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tiaris

I think sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. (Which is especially real in our home at the moment as we just had our old dog Max put down yesterday)
mr skeeter

if you have the time and patience keep going a friend of mine his wife has raised plenty of tri parrot finches hand raising them keep him in a warm place if you can good luck. and graham sorry to here about your dog pal as we have just been through it, cheers mick
Tiaris

Thanks Mick.
If the young bird had eyes & the beak wasn't deformed it may be worth pursuing as there could possibly be a decent outcome, but in this case I doubt it.
zj7756

Tiaris wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 08:22 I think sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. (Which is especially real in our home at the moment as we just had our old dog Max put down yesterday)
Hi Tiaris,
Sure. We have to face to reality. What I can do now is handfeed him till he is wean. Then put him in a small cage with a large food case and a large water case. God bless him that he can learn find food and water.....

P.S. I also had two dogs that left me last Nov and Jan, 14 and 15 years old. Memory with whole life..
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

With "damaged" creatures it is an individual decession if you wish to raise them. Personally I would not. T very sorry to hear about your dog. We had to put our old Jack Russell down at 17yrs just under 2yrs ago, and I openly admit to being a blubbering mess at the time.
LML
LML
Tiaris

Yes it was very hard to carry him away while my wife & daughter were crying behind me. Poor old Max was a 15.5yo Border Collie, was deaf, had one eye and bad arthritis in his shoulders in the end. Pulled him out of our dams 2 mornings in the last month (spent the whole nights stuck there), was mauled by packs of wild dogs twice in recent years, had his head run over, sired over 50 pups and was a very active, brave, tough & intelligent dog in his younger years - the best mate anyone could ask for and a constant guardian for our kids all of their lives.
mr skeeter

bloody tough old dog max was pal would you consider getting another one when the time comes as it is a hard thing to do pal, we had a staffy for 11 years she was a bloody ripper went with me everywhere she got cancer in the nose and i had to make a decision to put her down lucky my son was with me as it is a tough thing to do, got a red healer now but its not the same , life goes on and i hope it will at your place graham cheers pal
Tiaris

Yes Mick we have 3 other dogs.
His son, his "wife" & a Maremma to hunt off the wild dogs.
zj7756

Xiao Xiazi was gone this morning. He and I had tried our best. No regret in last two weeks. God bless him.
At the same time, thanks for all your suggestion and guaidance. Thank you all.

Return to “Finch Health”