facebook

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
garyh

So i became a member of 3 web sites ,most people are excellent with positive feed back,but one seems to have its own agenda and rules,if you are in the loop with the owner of this page you can virtually say anything you like even though it is false,when proven that this is the case the owner promptly takes down the posts and his friends smell like roses,it seems to be a web site for the right people,its easy to prove these people wrong as the truth will never falter,so how many of these so called expert sites are out there,has anyone else encountered this sort of dictator ship,i only joined to stop the bullshxt but it still continues thats my rant cheers garyh
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've never joined a facebook site. Look at some related to my sporting hobby, but not thought to do it for finches.
LML
LML
Finchfam

Yes and it never ceases to amaze me how well suited social networking platforms are to people with an antisocial personality disorder. Sort of like how reality television is anything but. Reading the book Snakes in Suits by Paul Babiak was a life-changing experience for me. It sounds like we perhaps might share a conviction for truthfulness knowing it is an essential element in 'the greatest good for the greatest number'. So it is very depressing when self-interest trumps (pun intended) altruism and truth is the casualty. But I worked out there were some battles I could not win and turned my attention elsewhere. I'd love to say that decision has helped me to retain my sanity but I'm not sure that was an attribute I was ever fortunate enough to possess. FF
When all is said and done, more is said than done.
Rod_L

I joined a dog forum a few years ago and made one post about how I hadn't sterilised my dogs. The crap hit the fan and everyone there abused the hell out of me for not having them done. The next day my account was cancelled for allegedly breaching all the terms and conditions of joining the forum. I didn't breach any and it was everyone else abusing me that was in breach of the terms and conditions. But because I was new and wasn't friends with anyone there, they cancelled my account and wouldn't even answer my email asking them what I did.

People are aholes and the internet and social media has given every Tom, *censored* and Harry the ability to say and do whatever they want without having to face people in person when they do it.

edited to add..
LOL, silly censorship. I just saw they censored part of that last bit. Tom, a word that rhymes with stick but starts with D, and Harry.
death to all cats & ants
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'd love to say that decision has helped me to retain my sanity but I'm not sure that was an attribute I was ever fortunate enough to possess. :crazy:
The only people who can say for certain that they are sane have a piece of paper from a shrink. And to get that you have to be in an insane asylum first.
Slightly off topic but where Facebook is concerned, it seems to bring out any sign of insanity in SOME people.
LML
LML
arthur

Rod_L wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 05:32 LOL, silly censorship. I just saw they censored part of that last bit. Tom, a word that rhymes with stick but starts with D, and Harry.
Yes the censorship monitor on site is pretty sensitive . .

I remember one of my 'cryptic bird clues' being 'cut' for something pretty benign . . which I can't remember

However I would rather have it this way, than see things degenerate to the level, and the language of some that I have visited :oops:
Storz

arthur wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 12:59
Rod_L wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 05:32 LOL, silly censorship. I just saw they censored part of that last bit. Tom, a word that rhymes with stick but starts with D, and Harry.

I remember one of my 'cryptic bird clues' being 'cut' for something pretty benign . . which I can't remember

However I would rather have it this way, than see things degenerate to the level, and the language of some that I have visited :oops:
Arthur, they should have cut many of your 'cryptic bird clues' for being frustrating :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
arthur

;-)
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

arthur wrote: 16 Jul 2019, 12:59

Yeah, we just use the default word blacklist provided by the forum software. We could maintain our own, but it's a lot of effort for very little gain.
Tiaris

I still don't have a FB account but sometimes use my wife's to browse local FB non-bird groups. I do get a couple of people call me in a stressed state at times due to FB commotions regarding bird/people stuff. When they do, I am happy not be involved and this prolongs my non FB status.

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”