Sleepy looking Gouldian Hen

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
JHPM

Hi Everyone. My Gouldian hen ( Far right ) red head. has started looking sleepy compared to the others in the Aviary. Does eat and drink well. All my birds have been treated for mites. Is there any sort of vitamins I can give her ? Any advice would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod_L

She is puffed up as well and that is a typical indication she is not well.

She could be suffering from the cold. There are gaps in the back corners where cold air could be blowing in at night. Make sure there are no cold draughts blowing into the aviary. Make sure there is no rain getting into the aviary.

Keep her warm and humid. Put a sheet of plastic over most of the aviary at night to help stop draughts and keep it warmer.

If she doesn't get better in a day or two, I would bring her inside and put her in a hospital cage in a warm room.

---------------------
There is a company that makes Ornithon bird vitamins. It is available in a powder and can be used every day. Just check the expiry date before you buy it, and keep it cool and dry to maximise the shelf life.
death to all cats & ants
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is the cage where they can get morning sun? They need this to get the chill off their bones after a cold night, and to get their vitamin D the natural way. Any chance she is about to lay an egg?
LML
LML

Return to “Finch Health”