Hospital box

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Sapperfinch

Hi everyone can anyone give me some advice please. I have just put together a hospital box with a reptile red 75w globe under the floor left it on overnight to see what temperature it runs at & it got to 45c. What do others run there’s at ? I haven’t cut any breather holes yet can do if it is running to hot. Any information would be greatly appreciated thanks
mr skeeter

you need a thermostat in there to control the temperature usually around 25/ 30 dg
Rod_L

You want the temperature about 30C for hospital cages and you need lots of moisture (water bowls) so the bird doesn't dehydrate and go blind.

Anything above 35C is too hot for birds and below 25C won't help.
death to all cats & ants
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I use a Passwell heat pad. Seems to keep it at a steady 30 degrees, as long as the box is well insulated.
Sapperfinch

Don’t know if this gets through thanks for the replies i have modified it a bit now it is between 25/28c & 35c with the clear front off 25/28c being early morning & 35c mid afternoon when it’s a mild 28c i sent reply earlier not being to tech savvy i thing i might have deleted it or it will come up twice cheers

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”