Yellow and blue headed gouldians

Includes Species Profile.
garyh

the guy selling the blue headed birds is on this site,,hes been breeding these birds for a long time,as craig says they are all sf birds with yellow back hens showing some blue on the head as well,cheers garyh
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I believe a lot of euro yellows carry the dark fack also...as there is a lot of difference in individual yellow colours...🤔
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Helohound

Hi all, I came across this site and thread when researching blue headed gouldians. I am breeding them and noting previous questions/comments am happy to share a photo. It is the real deal and not a dodgy reproduction or ripped off another site. Curious to know how common they are atm and hearing from any other breeder who might have them. cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig52

Hi, that pic doesn't do your bird justice on my screen and just looks like a SF black hed Euro yellow cock bird. There have been many trying to reproduce a blue headed bird but they can only get close to it in black headed Euro cock birds but not hens. Most have given up on this phenomena which is not a mutation of sorts but the Euro yellow mutation produces it in some black headed birds and not others.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A few years ago there were a couple of American ladies doing great things with the "blue head" Don't know what is happening with Cando. But Nixity has gone out of Gouldians.
LML

Return to “Gouldian”