Javan (white bellied) Munias

noah.till

Interested to know if theres anyone else on here keeping these guys besides myself, pretty scarce these days, hard to find new blood...........

Cheers
Noah Till
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project
Craig52

They went down in popularity due to dirty white bellies and in my case where they produced ginger coloured birds and everyone said they were hybrids between ginger bengo's of which they were not.
I bought the original birds from an ethnic guy in Melbourne but after all the put down i sent them to a dealer in the Brisbane suburbs who bred them and passed them on to other breeders who produced ginger ones, Chris Leeper was one who copped the same abuse.
noah.till

It’s a real shame they’ve dropped off on the popularity chain, I guess they’re just another ‘little brown job’ for a few breeders like myself. I love keeping them, really interesting birds.
I’ve been working with a mate with our birds with pure white clean bellies, there’s just so much variation between individuals, but anyway we wouldn’t have Javan’s at all if the remaining birds all those years ago weren’t bred from so I can’t complain
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project

Return to “Javan Munia”