Gouldian Finch by himself

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Finch$7

Good morning

In May this year I received two male Gouldian finches from my husband & son for my birthday.
About 2 weeks ago one of them suddenly passed away. This was quite heartbreaking as I’m a big animal lover & always try my best to look after my animals.
They were inside, in warm, in sun during day near window, given seed, plus fresh fruit & veg!
He was fine in the morning then we came back & he had passed away.
I was told that Gouldian’s get lonely so we got another finch but a little zebra finch & a couple of days later he passed away too.
I did notice he was a lot younger than my original one & noticed that he would peck at the new one?
I now want to know should I risk getting another one so my little Jelly Baby isn’t lonely or should I leave him by himself?
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is the cage in a high-trafficked area of the house? Finches tend to stress quite easily.
Finch$7

No not really, we have it near the window during day where nobody walks past much & in back room if a night.
I’m scared to get another one as I don’t want it to die too.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cold breezes are the biggest problem. So not in the line of an aircon blast? But overheating can also be a problem. So not in full direct sun all day? What fruits and veg are you giving? Most are good, but a few are not. Thinking it through with the fingers here. Do they have fresh grit?
LML

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”