Orange breasted zebras

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Jebtech95

Hey guys been trying to get some good quality orange breasts and after some breeding i have come up with what i think will be quality orange breasts i have found orange breast cock bread with orange fawn brings out some nice lookings orange breasts what are your thoughts?
0166672E-7AE6-45EB-B32F-2AC0E0B704B6.[attachment=0]0166672E-7AE6-45EB-B32F-2AC0E0B704B6.png
png[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is how I am breeding them mosty. When I first got them, had absolutly no idea of the genetics. So - wrongly assumed they were recessive - and required 2 x red zebs to go together. Now I know better - they are random dominant - so put them together - or put them with a normal - and you will get a % of reds. Just more by putting them together. I also find they produce nice young if you put a red zeb and a fawn charcol together.
Nice pair you have there. You are obviously more computor capable than me when it comes to posting pics.
LML
Jebtech95

Cheers mate 100% with what you said i have found the same so ive got my orange breast males breeding with fawns hopefully get the offspring to breed again with straight orange breasts may take a few generations to get what i want and eliminate the fawn hens get a good gene pool for dominant oranges….. if you know what i mean😂

This pair is about to sit on some eggs… cant wait to see what the offspring look like

They are a neat looking zebra compared to a few other mutations mine look exactly like the wild type same body no changes just changed feather pigmentation no black all orange. Trying to keep the orange in check though dont want too much spreading around
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My reds have thier own avairy. 1 of my 4 avairys. I really like the colour. 4 years since I got my 1st red Zeb, so not travelling too badly.
LML
Jebtech95

finchbreeder wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 20:19 My reds have thier own avairy. 1 of my 4 avairys. I really like the colour. 4 years since I got my 1st red Zeb, so not travelling too badly.
Great stuff red zebs will always have a place in the collection i keep them by themselves too away from the mixed collection
elferoz777

here's some of mine.

I mixed red fronted in so every nest throw miles of both
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Jebtech95

Beautiful

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”