replying to specific comments in the thread

Get help with forum issues or make a suggestion.
[email protected]

Hi. I am new to the forum and trying to engage in threads. I dont seem to have the button to allow response to individual comments. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Cheers Mark
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I just hit reply then write whatever I want to say. Sometimes the reply comes in order, sometimes someone elses reply comes before mine. If a thread has multiple peoples comments and I wish to address one point only. I just put "Mark re you comment - then continue with what I have to say." Or if several people have answered and I wish to particularly respond to one - I might say "Thanks Mark" and "XYZ yes was aware of that."
Cheers LML
LML
BrettB

Hi Mark, are you talking about replying in threads (just use the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the thread) or private messaging (where your message only goes to the individual ?

Cheers
Brett
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are ." Anais Nin
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Mark, best way to do it is to quote their message and then write your response underneath.

If you use the "Reply With Quote" button on their post, they will receive a notification of your response.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[email protected] wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 14:08 Hi. I am new to the forum and trying to engage in threads. I dont seem to have the button to allow response to individual comments. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Cheers Mark
Here's an example response to an individual comment.

An a screenshot showing you what the button looks like:
Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[email protected]

Shane Gowland wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 18:28
[email protected] wrote: 05 Sep 2021, 14:08 Hi. I am new to the forum and trying to engage in threads. I dont seem to have the button to allow response to individual comments. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Cheers Mark
Here's an example response to an individual comment.

An a screenshot showing you what the button looks like:
Untitled.jpg
Many thanks

Return to “Forum Issues, Feedback & Suggestions”