Green/blue Gouldian hen

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
jpandkt08

20211111_125735.jpg
20211111_125751.jpg
20211111_125804.jpg
Hi all! Can anyone assist me in identifying my hen please? She is a split blue, but a lot of blue all over her back and very pale almost non existent yellow on her belly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BLUES

Seagreen, pale yellow belly combined with blue on the back are strong signs of seagreen
jpandkt08

BLUES wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 19:20 Seagreen, pale yellow belly combined with blue on the back are strong signs of seagreen
Thankyou for your reply. I have tried google-ing, there's really not a lot out there about this seagreen mutation yet and I've never seen one in person so didn't want to assume she was. Hope to hear some more from a bit more experienced ones on this forum like yourself, thanks
Craig52

It's very pale all over including the chest but i can't understand the green feathers in the back also. Can you show a pic of the parents please to see if that helps.
jpandkt08

Craig52 wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 19:58 It's very pale all over including the chest but i can't understand the green feathers in the back also. Can you show a pic of the parents please to see if that helps.
Sorry, I just purchased from a local bird sales show. One parent was blue, the other split blue. I bought a pair, simply sold as split blue, the male is green back white breast black head.
I don't believe the seller was overly aware of her colour? He didnt mention the blue colouring at all and I will surprised she hadn't already sold. Super excited as she just looks so lovely

Return to “Mutation Finches”