Pink fawn

Includes Species Profile.
Jebtech95

Hey guys ive managed to breed myself a couple pink fawns unlike ive ever seen what arenyour thoughts? Are they hard to source in NSW?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I believe there are a couple of people breeding the fawns. But unsure of location. Your one in the pic is lighter than anything I have seen pictured. Logically the parents must both be split, or it is sex linked and the mother is carrying the gene as it is obviously male. Any chance of another pic from a different angle? Are you positive the parents are not related?
LML
Jebtech95

Ive bred the pink male with a split orange fawn and got 2 babies that look like the father and another 2 splits i will post photos of the pinks when they come out in a few weeks
Jebtech95

Heres a few photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jebtech95

finchbreeder wrote: 28 Dec 2021, 18:01 I believe there are a couple of people breeding the fawns. But unsure of location. Your one in the pic is lighter than anything I have seen pictured. Logically the parents must both be split, or it is sex linked and the mother is carrying the gene as it is obviously male. Any chance of another pic from a different angle? Are you positive the parents are not related?

Positive parents arent related i have a colony in the big aviary and i believe that pink came from a red fronted male that must of been a split to fawn which bred with a split to yellow fawn hen i then bread these guys with unrelated split hens and turns out im getting more pink! I plan on outcrossing the males to normal soon then breed back
elferoz777

mine are pinkish also. it's how fawn goes and it's recessive not sex linked.

keep up the good work
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Jebtech95

elferoz777 wrote: 28 Dec 2021, 20:16 mine are pinkish also. it's how fawn goes and it's recessive not sex linked.

keep up the good work
Some beauties there mate😍
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You both have some beautiful birds there. Thanks for clarifying the inheritance Elf, I was not sure. So Jeb has been lucky enough to source a couple of splits. Good luck to you both in continuing to breed these little beauties.
LML
Craig52

The pinks are quite common now and there are some yellow fawns that are a very light sandy colour on the back. As these birds first appeared in my aviaries several years ago they are autosomal recessive. It was thought that breeding colour to colour has brought out the pink and light sandy coloured birds originally and they continued in split birds. Originally I only bred a colour to a split thinking it was a weak mutation like the blue gouldians. The mutation is very strong and colour to colour can be done but new blood does need to be introduced frequently to keep their stamina up. The bird is a dilute back mutation not fawn as they hold the black breast feathers on a fawn it would be brown.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dilute back mutation not fawn as they hold the black breast feathers
Nice to know that when I first saw them and though dilute - I was on the right track. :thumbup:
LML

Return to “Painted”