FIRE FINCH

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
RAYENS

Do FIRE FINCHES pair for life.
Craig52

Do you mean African fires or Native firetails. All will except a new partner if one happens to die.
Sapperfinch

We are staying a few nights at Olive hill farm about 10km from Mararet Rive WA what a spot we are parked between the rows of olive trees when we arrived & set up the van there were blue wrens bouncing around everywhere right up to dusk. Then at around 10:30 yesterday there was a small party of red eared fire tails around the base of the olive tree looked like a couple of pair and some young I went into the van to get a phone to take a photo but an unleashed dog was there when I came back & they were gone. I have some seed in the car left from some parrot finches I dropped off to a guy in Busselton so I spread it around hoping to get a snap this morning. There are also plenty of 28,s redcaps, elegants & other soft bills around at $20 a night it heaven
BrettB

Aren't they delightful. You will be walking on a track or sitting quietly and suddenly they will pop out of the shadows and into a sun lit spot and start foraging on the ground. You rarely hear them.
Good luck with your photos

Cheers
Brett
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are ." Anais Nin

Return to “The Lounge”