Blue gouldians

Includes Species Profile.
Devito2

Hey guys brought my first pair of blues, do they need any special care different food? Supplements? Please give me some good advice.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just the usual protection from cold winds, and lots of fresh greens.
LML
Misso

Devito2 wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 20:10 Hey guys brought my first pair of blues, do they need any special care different food? Supplements? Please give me some good advice.
Besides obviously offering them a good variety of greens, seeds etc. 1 product in particular that seems to help strengthen the mutation is Solaminovit Liquid sold by All Farms in Hasting. everyone has there own way of offering it to their birds, either mixed in via soaked or sprouted seed or directly in there drinking water.

throughout certain times of the year my birds get 1ml to a litre of water in an upside down canary drinker 1-2 times a week as a choice with fresh water still on offer and sometimes during the breeding season i will mix it with my soaked/sprouted seed when chicks are around.

VIT A and E seem to be whats important for allowing the blues natural immunity to stay healthy as they are prone to certain illness and the above product has a high % of both in it.

All Farms also make another product AD3 Hi E which I know some breeders use. particularly if birds are being bred inside bird rooms or well inclosed aviaries where they don't have access to direct sunlight.

theres no need to wrap them up in cotton wool, just feed them well and give them plenty of flight for exercise and they should breed well for you.
Devito2

Thanks guy for your info,how do you give ad3 hi e? Explaintion on how you give it to your birds would be much appreciated misso. I just ordered both from all farms
Misso

Devito2 wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 18:06 Thanks guy for your info,how do you give ad3 hi e? Explaintion on how you give it to your birds would be much appreciated misso. I just ordered both from all farms
in the water, 0.2 ml to a litre of water, I use the 1ml syringes to draw it up.

Return to “Gouldian”