Gouldian Vitamins

Includes Species Profile.
Wayno

Just wondering what vitamins etc others use during the breeding season and throughout the year. I was looking at Rob Marshalls Turbobooster and loford/DufoPlus and Greens and Grains from Elenbee does anyone have any opinions?

Keen to get off to a good start this year and get some nice big birds on the perch.

Cheers Wayne
Misso

Wayno wrote:Just wondering what vitamins etc others use during the breeding season and throughout the year. I was looking at Rob Marshalls Turbobooster and loford/DufoPlus and Greens and Grains from Elenbee does anyone have any opinions?

Keen to get off to a good start this year and get some nice big birds on the perch.

Cheers Wayne

:thumbup: :thumbup: my guys love turbo booster
Wayno

Misso do you mix it in their everyday seed or other seed? Also do you use it all year round or only to bring them into condition?

Sorry for all the questions just want to get them off to a good start for next year.
Tiaris

I used to mix turbo booster through sprouted seed just before I froze it down.
Misso

Wayno wrote:Misso do you mix it in their everyday seed or other seed? Also do you use it all year round or only to bring them into condition?

Sorry for all the questions just want to get them off to a good start for next year.
every day seed in a special allocated dish and sometimes in the greens and grains i give them ( breeding season i plan to do it on a regular basis ) atm its probs once a week.

greens are probs my main trigger for breeding ( seeding grasses and milk seed ) but then they also get lots of other extra things that seem to help in getting them in breeding condition.

misso :)
gouldianpaul

Hi Wayno,

I also use TurboBoost in with the soft food mix (green seed, sprouted seed, greens & grains, phalaris, red pannicum, etc, etc)....I also use Ioford and Dufoplus in the water twice a week during the breeding and moulting season.

I don't use it in dry seed mix as I use seed hoppers....but personally I wouldn't use it in their dry mix anyway....particularly during the warmer months.

I also use Iofordd/Dufoplus in their water twice a week during the moulting/breeding periods.

Be careful not to over use these products all year round and as often as Marshall recommends as your bird will become reliant on them.

Check out his book regarding a full description of each product and how to use it...but remembr point above about over use....you can also check out my ugly head in a photo outside my old avairy 15 odd years ago.

cheers
Paul
Alyse36

I hope it's okay to post on an old post, I didn't want to create a new one with possibly the same information.

Is anyone using any new vitamins or supplements, or are you all still just using the turbo boost? This is my first year breeding and I want to make sure I set them up for success.
Craig52

It's a bit hard when you live in the USA, here in Australia we have home grade V+M and amino acids specifically for our birds and i'm sure you would be able to source similar products in the USA.
The product here Soluminavit made by Alfarm animal products in Victoria but you can google the product to see if they export.
Cheers

Return to “Gouldian”