Coopex

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Sapperfinch

More then likely discussed before. Do all birds need to be removed when using coopex to spray for ants or other insects. Obviously the feed & water need to be taken out, will it harm the birds or quail??
Thanks in advance
Misso

Sapperfinch wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 06:00 More then likely discussed before. Do all birds need to be removed when using coopex to spray for ants or other insects. Obviously the feed & water need to be taken out, will it harm the birds or quail??
Thanks in advance
I have never experienced any issues withe finches and parrots in the aviaries whist using coopex, as you mentioned remove or cover the feed and water before spraying. works so well!
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I only do the walls and round the edges of the roof and floors with it myself. But have wound up having a shower with it. Try not to get it directly on the birds, but light side spray does not seem to harm them. Quail are busy eating the Coopexed bush roaches as they stagger arround, so they can take it easy.
LML
elferoz777

I spray my birds with it. I straight Jet on the back is good. never had an issue and been doing with to my canaries for years.

clear any mites out, especially from nests.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
Craig52

Yes it's fine to spray birds lightly with coopex. It's a plant based insecticide containing Pyrithium from a daisey
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The ants round here come in from the surrounding bush so regularly that I have to Coopex the sods away 2 or 3 times a year. No residual problems either.
LML
d ferguson

I've only ever used Cooper powder,,it's magic, problem is I can only buy it in 10 kg drums
Craig52

Just be careful, the 10 kg drums are different in chemical additives and not suitable for use in aviaries I believe. The sashes are the right ones to use.
I don't know where you live but Bunnings sell them and most stock food supplies do to.

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”