Same unknown syptome

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
fitos100

I posted several months ago that one of my birds (the one in the foto) had something on its eye like a lipoma or canker or something else. I did a search on the internet but I got nothing. I did a treatment with ronidazole but apparently it was not the cure. For the record, my male gouldian is still ok and also had a good breading season.
I was accepted it, until these days I saw another one cock with the same, let's say, lipoma around its eyes.
Any ideas?????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Guess work here. Could they be rubbing their heads against something sharpish and breaking the skin? In the process introducing dirt into the wound, which then forms a solid pustule round the foriegn matter?
LML
BrettB

Hello Fitos,

Before we go playing vets I have some questions
Firstly the area about the base of the beak which has some feather loss looks a little abnormal to me, but it is hard to be sure from the photo.
So can you tell me if that area looks like normal skin and beak or not? I am wondering if that little pustule is part of a bigger process.
Secondly, does the little yellow nodule feel hard or soft and does any fluid come out of it?

It does not look like a lipoma to me, it could be some form of cyst (these are usually of no consequence and not infectious) or perhaps, giving it is now affecting two birds, some type of infection.

Cheers
Brett
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are ." Anais Nin
fitos100

the feathers around the beak now are fine. the foto is old.
actually is indeed like a cyst I agree. I didn't touch it so I don't know.

Return to “Finch Health”