Cinnamon gouldian

Includes Species Profile.
Devito2

Hello, I’ve been seeing a lot of for sale cinnamon gouldians in Victoria, I didn’t think we had cinnamons in Australia, can someone correct me if I’m wrong but I thought cinnamons are meant to have plum eyes?
Craig52

At this stage it's best nobody comments on this mutation as it could become confusing and controversial.
Please leave it be.

Moderator Craig52
arthur

Sounds like it is already controversial . . which is confusing to me, not knowing background, personalities involved, or anything else about the subject . .

Aren't forums places where 'hot topics' are thrashed out/ debated??
Craig52

arthur wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 11:28 Sounds like it is already controversial . . which is confusing to me, not knowing background, personalities involved, or anything else about the subject . .

Aren't forums places where 'hot topics' are thrashed out/ debated??
It been discussed before on here Arthur and on fb pages and if you criticise about the mutation you get bashed by certain people that don't understand genetics or don't want to. I'll probably get howled down for saying the above or that i'm an AH :thumbdown: .
arthur

Will check back . . I would have read same but has slipped my mind, obviously

Yes a lot of 'witch-burning' in the world of genetics . . and the bird-world generally
Devito2

It’s either we have a cinnamon or we don’t have that mutation in Australia surely with all the experience we have on this forum someone can say yes we do or no we don’t surellllly
Craig52

I finish my comment with yes to some breeders and no to some breeders. Cheers
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The problem is with finches and budgies - that some people misunderstand genetics and how it works _ I am not too crash hot with Gouldian Genetics so in no way claim any form of expertise. But I have come accross people who still swear black and blue (excuse the pun) that all blue Gouldians are weak and will die before their 1st birthday. So people swearing a Gouldian is cinnamon when it is (say fawn, as I have no idea what the reality is) would not surprise me. There are also still people out there swearing that it is not possible to breed a quality double factor goldenface violet budgie that will stand up on the show bench against a single factor. Or is it just too much effort? Many things in genetics are misunderstandings or lack of effort. I have absolutely no idea about this situation mentioned above. Am just saying things happen and cause misunderstandings and disagreements. When it would be better if we just supported each other.
LML
Devito2

Wow I didn’t realise the bird game is so controversial. I’m still confused do we have cinnamons or not? To a uneducated gouldian lover sounds crazy that I can not get an answer. Should be a simple yes or no. Wtf is going on in the gouldian world.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I suspect the answer is that we do - but that a % of the birds people say are cinnamon are not - but this is something I do not know the correct answer to.
LML

Return to “Gouldian”