BOURKE Parrot EGGS - HELP

Ask your questions about breeding finches here.
JacPro

OKAY EVERYONE .. PLEASE HELP.

We have a pr of Bourke Parrots, during August our Hen laid some Eggs, every 2-3 days she laid 1, until she had 5.
On my count the 5th was laid on August 21st.

Since then i have never seen her leave the nest. When i look inside she just stares at me.

By my calculations, these eggs should have hatched, so today when i noticed she was out of the box, i went in and candled them.

2 are definitely clear & the other appear to be fertile. One was even moving! .. however she has now been out of the nest for a couple of hours now.

Im hoping me touching them hasnt deterred her, however considering i can see at least movement in 1 egg im concerned.

What should i do from here?? If i count from August 21st, im guessing today is day 22? This is their first clutch

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just going on my mothers Budgies. If you are having a very cold winter as we are. Some of the eggs are hatching a week after they should have. Really weird I know. We are putting it down to cold slowing the whole process down. As each egg is recorded and numbered, just as it has been for the past 30yrs. Is also happening most with the 1st timers who are not sitting as firmly as the old hands. So give it a bit longer. Also her being out could be because like you she noticed the movement and correctly translated it as incoming.
LML
JacPro

Thank you.

Yes it has been very cold. I will wait a little longer.

Thank you for your reply!

Return to “Breeding Finches”