Fawn Choc Parsons

Parsons and Diggles
Includes Species Profiles
Tiaris

I strongly suspect the pinkness at least partially originates from the fact that most of these mutations have been "transferred" over from Long-tailed mutations.
arthur

Hence my . . :silent:
wsfinch

finchbreeder wrote:Because Aussie and european birds are bred completely isolated from each other. They are named completely differently. Their genetic material is many years of seperation apart, so the mutations that appear may or may not have the same mode of inheritance and colouration. But fawn and topaaz do look very similar.
LML
Thank you bro.
Do you have Fawn color picture to share me?
Thank you so much bro
wsfinch

Tiaris wrote:I strongly suspect the pinkness at least partially originates from the fact that most of these mutations have been "transferred" over from Long-tailed mutations.
I think you say that truth maybe over from shafttail :clap:
jaytt

this is a picture of an original choc parson taken in 1982 from an article by the original breeder,you can see the red brown color in the original photo ,hope its shows on the computer.the breeder states some young birds of successive generations came out darker then the parents,so there was probably selective breeding which has been suggested to me by my source.
p1030012.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
roma9009

I remember seeing these birds in the eightys. They looked stunning
heathdom

E Orix wrote: 20 Apr 2016, 15:58 You can call that bird a modern day Chocolate Parson but it's nothing like the original Choc. Parson.
I call that a black/ brown where the older race was what I would call a red/ brown
They were called choc as they were several shades darker but no where near that colour
At least that is my opinion.
I have a finch that I think is a parson and has a black head and bib with a dark brown body.. The bib is not defined ... just all over the head and down the chest. I would attach a photo here but cant work out how
Jebtech95

Tiaris wrote: 16 Feb 2016, 19:36 Have to agree. I've seen a few referred to as chocolate parsons in recent years but haven't seen the real deal for at least 20 years. The proper ones are/were a big solid finch with a large black bib, dark brown with a slight hint of rufous on the front and a conspicuous clean white rump.

I remember talking to a finch breeder about chocolate parsons at a bird sale about 10 years ago. We were saying then that you don't see the real deal any more. I said that I would love to get a few pairs of them again & he said "yeah me too. I'd love to put the cream mutation through them." I shook my head & walked away.

I can say i must agree ive been looking for proper chocalates for a while now but most birds seem to be a little washed out i think the problem these days is when you finally get a bold looking mutation example chocolate, cream, fawn people want to already play around with the genetics when that particular form isnt that established then we lose the choc alltogether?
ShawnK

Jebtech95 wrote: 25 Aug 2021, 12:12
Tiaris wrote: 16 Feb 2016, 19:36 Have to agree. I've seen a few referred to as chocolate parsons in recent years but haven't seen the real deal for at least 20 years. The proper ones are/were a big solid finch with a large black bib, dark brown with a slight hint of rufous on the front and a conspicuous clean white rump.

I remember talking to a finch breeder about chocolate parsons at a bird sale about 10 years ago. We were saying then that you don't see the real deal any more. I said that I would love to get a few pairs of them again & he said "yeah me too. I'd love to put the cream mutation through them." I shook my head & walked away.

I can say i must agree ive been looking for proper chocalates for a while now but most birds seem to be a little washed out i think the problem these days is when you finally get a bold looking mutation example chocolate, cream, fawn people want to already play around with the genetics when that particular form isnt that established then we lose the choc alltogether?
If I understand correctly, it is possible to breed birds without choc at all?
It just takes time and several generations. Right?

Return to “Black Throated”