Using Moxidectin in new Owl finches

Is your finch sick or not well? Find out why.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

While I understand your thinking re societies and formula. The best way for baby Gouldians to be raised is by adult Gouldians.
As you have several pair, you will in the future, have the opportunity to foster young from 1 pair to another if necessary.
Finches are like people, some are just flat out great parents from the get go. Some do better as they go along. And some - well they are hopeless cases.
Most, people and birds, fit the middle group, then the 1st, then lastly the :crazy: group.
We all have our ups and downs with our birds, no matter how long we have them. You are doing pretty good for a beginner.
LML
Jessica

Oh thank you, finchbreeder! And I had a surprise! I thought that last baby (there were two originally) had died ... it must have just been asleep because today when I decided I had better remove its body, it was swaying and begging for food and, unlike last time, this time its gullet or gizzard or whatever its called on the side of its neck (something I read to watch for to know its being fed), it was bulging out!!!

And then later, parents would go in (not incubate like before), spent a few minutes then come out wiping their beaks (something I read here is indication it had just fed). So he fed the baby and later I saw the mama do same. I'll be a worried mother until their first molt (or moult). :-). Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and also your understanding of how difficult this is at first. I was same way learning to drive. :boggle:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You must have just timed you looksee just before their breakfast time. :thumbup:
My daughter was a very nervous learner driver too.
LML
sskmaestro

owls --> when i get new owl finches, i just make sure they are not spooked etc., I keep them in a cage at some height. In few weeks, they get used to me and my environment. Thats when i mix them with my birds.

I feel, owl finches can get stressed easily, especially in new homes.

Return to “Finch Health”