Poorly finches, nothing is working

Includes Species Profile.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Very glad to hear that things are improving.
Follow the instructions to the letter, they have been worked out by trial and error over time. Past birds died to get those instructions right, so that yours do not have to take the risk.
The sickest birds will take the longest to get well - but there is still a small risk that not all will make it.
Be patient and continue to enjoy the delight of seeing them improve and be healthy.
LML
FinchCanaryBreeder

Another update... no dead finches, occasional head tucking but a lot less food is being eaten. Normally I refill there bowls every morning but over the last couple of days the food isn't being eaten as much.

Recently I've had a sudden die off of my other animals, I've lost a lot of rabbits, it seems to be a disease infecting the digestive systems of animals. I'm putting this down to Coccidiosis and this is most likely what the birds have as well and fits in with what I've been experiencing. I'm currently trying to get a hold of some Coccidiosis treatment as soon as I can to prevent anymore deaths of my animals not just birds its affecting all my animals now.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If the food consumption of the birds has lowered I would definately say worms. Which they are now not having to feed as well as themselves.
There has not recently been any painting or fumigating round your place has there?
As something that would affect birds and rabbits sounds more like poisoning.
LML
FinchCanaryBreeder

Nope, its Coccidiosis I can promise. I've had it confirmed. "The seed consumption hasn't lowered" Its been the opposite. They have not been eating as much...

The Coccidiosis in the rabbits was confirmed by a vet and the birds also have it.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"a lot less food is being eaten. Normally I refill there bowls every morning but over the last couple of days the food isn't being eaten as much. "
Either my understanding of the English language is skewed or that statement = a lowering in food consumption.
LML

Return to “Zebra”