Hello!

Pop in and say G'day!
Once you have 1 approved post a lot more forum will become visible.
PeepersandBeepers

Just a bit about my finchies, I started with 2 female finches, named Peepers and Beepers. The girls love each other A LOT, they do everything together. I also rescued a boy named Brownie, he is tolerated by Peepers and occasionally groomed. Beepers and Brownie on the other hand do not like each other, occasionally chase each other around making aggressive sounds, thankfully no injuries. Who can blame them? Everybody loves Peepers. I came here because I would like some help with preventative air sac mites treatments and found that the water solution is not available in AUS, I was hoping that this community might have the 'answers'? Beepers (and the whole cage) were treated a year ago with the topical treatment but I am afraid if I try the topical again she will have a little heart attack, she is very skittish towards me unlike the other 2 finchies.
PeepersandBeepers

I just wanted to give an update, I have been reading the forums here and I believe the answer to what I need is Moxidectin which is available in AUS :)

Also, I want to express how much I love my finchies, their cage is in my bedroom and they have helped me through some tough times a while ago, forcing me to wake up in the morning and opening my blinds every day to get the sunshine.

It is nice to see how much you all care for your birbs too!
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello and welcome to the forum. Moxidectin is indeed the preferred treatment for most parasites, and (should be) readily available in the US
Jessica

Welcome, Peepers' and Beepers' (and Brownie's) parent! The wall across from the foot of my bed holds a single 8' wide cage with a glorious mix of Gouldians. It is FAR more entertaining and (as evening winds down) restful than any social media or TV or Netflix.

Our entire family has a finch cage close by and we share our experiences over dinner (like in the olden days when my parents were kids, according to my mom). It is something we ALL share TOGETHER! This forum has been invaluable and we all study the posts. You couldn't have come to a better place!

And to you, Brownie, back off of Beepers! ;-)

Jess
PeepersandBeepers

Ahahaha, it is like watching a telenovela in my finch cage sometimes, I love it!
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Welcome to the forum. Finches like people will have the popular one and the others working out the pecking order.
LML

Return to “Introduce Yourself”