Lack of support.

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
collector_and_buyer

I have just looked over countless [ wanted to buy ] ads and the lack of success for those [me included] posting is overwhelming.I wonder is it a lack of members on this forum or perhaps a shortage of the birds people are after ?.How can we improve the success rate for people seeking these birds,any ideas people ?.
Craig52

Sadly fb has taken over forums like ours but in saying that we have a fb page. Unfortunately fb bans the sale of live animals but sales are conducted by PM's but I think that is being watched as well. You can use the words re home and pm for more information. The other method other than here is to join a club/society and put for sale, wanted in their magazine but comes out monthly. It's frustrating I know but it's what the World's coming to.
collector_and_buyer

What i don't understand is why people don't get behind a forum like this where you can openly buy,sell and trade your birds.Without a doubt,people have the birds that are wanted by people that post in the [wanted to buy section] but don't seem to respond.Maybe they are just responding by PM's, or just not responding at all,as is indicative of the lack of responses in the wanted to buy section.Free advertising,you can't get much better than that.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, the forum is really struggling to pull in numbers in the last 12 months or so.

During early COVID, when there was nothing better to do, I was really hustling to promote this site. Posting on our Facebook and Instagram pages, boosting classifieds on Aviculture Hub & its socials, dilligently doing newsletters every month, etc. That was landing us around 30,000 pageviews a month.

Currently we're sitting at around 12-15,000 pageviews a month.
Raven11

Shane Gowland wrote: 16 Mar 2023, 12:26 Yeah, the forum is really struggling to pull in numbers in the last 12 months or so.

During early COVID, when there was nothing better to do, I was really hustling to promote this site. Posting on our Facebook and Instagram pages, boosting classifieds on Aviculture Hub & its socials, dilligently doing newsletters every month, etc. That was landing us around 30,000 pageviews a month.

Currently we're sitting at around 12-15,000 pageviews a month.
I may not have been on the forum actively but I did enjoy the newsletters in my email. I help run a canary and finch group with 1,800 members I will be happy to pop a wee advert for the forums up for you there.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raven11 wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 06:32 I may not have been on the forum actively but I did enjoy the newsletters in my email. I help run a canary and finch group with 1,800 members I will be happy to pop a wee advert for the forums up for you there.
I think we'll revert to 2-3 newsletters a year—they're quite time consuming.

Any shoutout you could give the forum would be great :)
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I see add for thing I want - but I won;t ship and they are on the wrong side :silent: of the country.
LML

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”