Who's been to Beechwood aviaries-near port macquarie

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
wagga

Whilst holidaying in Port Macquarie, NSW I had the opportunity to travel inland and see Graham?? at Beechwood Aviaries. He has a bird shop attached to his engineering shed on the property. The variety of birds was larger than expected, lots of parrots and finches. All the parrots and most finches are brought in by a couple of mid north coast breeders.
The owner breeds finches only in his aviaries and this appeared to a very large set up. I did not have a look through. I was told that there is only a couple of finchos in the area who have very small aviaries, so demand for finches is low. I found this info surprising especially in a location which is ideally suited to finch breeding (Hunter valley is just south from Port Macquarie). The owner states he is able to buy large quanities of surplus finches for the shop. BUT where do they go someone must be buying them?
Life in Port Macquarie is the ultimate Aussie sea change lifestyle.
tonywirrell

We went to Beechwood Aviaries to buy some finches and the owner, Gordon, was very helpful. He had a limited range of birds at the time, but we were able to get what we wanted and are very happy with the birds. He was also very helpful answering our questions.

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”