Help with Dilute mutation?

Ask your questions about breeding finches here.
Darkangel1977

Hello everyone, I'm happy to say I have recently had a great clutch of 7 gouldians leave the nest, I was quite surprised by 3 of the chicks being a very light color, the others being the typical green and blue chicks. I have been told by a couple of people they seem to be Dilute? I have yet to breed and have experience with Dilutes so I'm not sure what the chicks look like at this stage, but from what I've seen on the internet they seem to be Dilutes. I'm sure you guys have experienced this color of chicks before and can confirm this!! Also if they are dilute.... can they dilute split to blue if the turn out to be dilute green? Thanks

Ps. The (parents) cock is blue and the hen is green [split blue],
Both are black headed white chested. Sorry for the poor photos, I've given up trying to get good photos at the moment 😆
20240425_112752.jpg
20240425_112749.jpg
20240424_162604.jpg
20240425_121937.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blue Gouldian Breeder and Bird lover
Craig52

The first two pics are Australian dilute blue's so they are a double mutation of dilute and blue.
Darkangel1977

Yes that one seems to have the blue back, and the other 2 seem to have more of a green back, so I'm guessing 1 x blue dilute, 2 x green dilute? And the 2 green Dilutes will also be split to blue? Thx 👍
Blue Gouldian Breeder and Bird lover
Craig52

Yes that is correct and the white breast will change the back colour considerably like in single factor Euro cock birds with white breast. Be great to see them all coloured up. Cheers
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Congratulations on this lot. I too would love to see pics when they are coloured.
LML

Return to “Breeding Finches”