Fincho Shows

Share your favourite books and links here.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just been watching some fincho shows
Has anyone else watched the Birdkeeping the South African Way DVDs? I have watched 2 & 3, and will watch 5 tomorrow. They are GREAT!!! 2 & 3 are finch ones, and 5 is softbills. 4 is african grey parrots, and 1 is an intro - sort of thing
Also watched a video, old, but interesting, about finch keeping. It was called "Finch Keeping Methods"
It featured a variety f aviaries, interviews, facts and views on nutrition, housing, breeding, mutations, health, propagating livefood and greens, and was great. It had also an interview with Russell Kingston. It talked about finch species, the best way of serving maggots, etc. etc. etc. not sure if you can get them anymore, mine came from the Canberra Finch Club Library, that is there on meeting days.

Oh, and for those interested in this kind of thing, there is a series of shows by David Attenborough called "Life" currently showing on ABC, sunday nights at 7.30.
Great footage, love the BBC! :D
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BBC and David Attenborough both do great wildlife docos. Discovery is good too, but don't currently have access to it. Too much like being addicted to the tele.
LML
LML
fincher

yes i have watched a couple of the keeping birds the south african way the 2 finch volumes and fount them interesten i have lent them to poitta to have a look at plus also the land of parrots DVD. been meaning to get this old VHS video from a friend that she features in many years ago about finchers and also mean to grab a few from work of the old bird videos aswell but weve had renovations nd now cant remeber weve put them
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

whats the name of the lady in chris....does she keep softbills and does bob philpot appear in it....pete p.s i ahve forgoten i had them vids . will get them back to you shortly...pete
fincher

pete its some one from my work lol cant rember who else is in just have heard her talken about it lol

Return to “Books And Links”