25 kg bags of seed

For all your questions about diet and food for your finches
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I feed a pre pack 25kg finch mix from the local seed and stock suppliers which costs me $39 and I keep it in a black plastic bin with a good seal. As needed I add smaller quantities of canary etc. The bin will hold about 35kgs to the top.
But for bulk storage my mother uses the same 44 gallon drums with lids she has had for the last 40years 4 of these in a custom built seed shed together with a couple of smaller metal bins with lids for what she has mixed and is ready to feed. The 44's contain single seeds and will hold about 60kgs of seed each. So can buy 25kg premix or single seed locally and stock up in the city with 50kg, 40kg or 25kg bags of single or premix depending on availability. Get it while you can.
LML
LML
Redwing

Thanks everyone. Am going to have to make some room in the shed to start and get some more varieties of seed. So far just run out and buy 1 kilo premixed at a time! You're all obviously catering for many more birds than I could ever dream of. But also finding it hard to source anything other than premixed in pet shops and the local bird place.
Diane

My two local feed stores sell different bird seeds in 1kg and 5kg bags and the one of the local bird places sells 500g, 1kg and 2kg bags. So if you have access to a feed store that might be worth a try.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits

Return to “Diet & Food”