Finches still nesting

Ask your questions about breeding finches here.
Page0044

Well i have a pair of painteds have laid, I think my yellow stare have laid as the female is always in the nest and it looks like i have 2 lots of black throats on eggs, and last my pair of cordons have been checking out a nest.
Cheers
Greg
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

good luck with the cordons.
I have found young cordons very prone to building laying then leaving or quitting the nest after the eggs have hatched no matted what age the babies might be. both my pairs of rccb's are approx 18months old now so I am hoping for more success next year
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
Page0044

Thanks Mick, i will keep my fingers crossed as this is the first time they have been interested, i have seen them mating and both have been checking a nest sight out.
Cheers
Greg
Summert85

Good luck with the cordons. Keep us posted with them. Are they in a cage or aviary?
Page0044

Hi Summer, they are in a planted aviary 4.5mx3.5m, I have 2 planted aviaries with 2 pair in each
Cheers
Greg
Summert85

page0044 wrote:Hi Summer, they are in a planted aviary 4.5mx3.5m, I have 2 planted aviaries with 2 pair in each
Very nice. :) I bet they're very happy *all that space to fly around*. I don't have an aviary yet. So my pair of Cordon are currently in a 30x18x18 breeding cage. As well as my other finches. And I do know they breed so much better in a large flight cage or Aviaries.

Return to “Breeding Finches”