multi level nest

Ask your questions about breeding finches here.
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

here is a pic of a new nest I put together. basicly it is just an enlarged version of a nest that Paul made for his birds.
it is made using fencing wire that has 50mm square openings in it. I put a base on it using 5mm square wire. then made 5 smaller wire baskets to act as nesting areas inside it. all facing in different directions. it was then filled with pea straw, this was packed around the wire nests and the whole thing filled to the top.
a few small branches were placed in it to help provide some privacy from nest to nest.
multinest.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
Steven

Great nest you made there the finches will love it how long it take you to make that?
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bout an hour to make. the missus would say two but I'm taking off the drinking time lol. cost of materials was about $10, most of that being for the pea straw
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
Steven

:lol: I should have a go at trying to make one to i will give it ago one day some of my local pet shops have these kinds of nest but there not as big as yours there a bit small
Poohbear UK

Mick P has seen these that I made out of two hanging baskets wired together...Worked well last summer.Several holes made in each ball.
kkhg-4.jpg
xccvv-2.jpg
kklds.jpg
0099-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fischer

That's a great nest for the Goulds Paul, they are hopeless nest makers :D I will use that idea ;)

Return to “Breeding Finches”