pied gouldians

An area to discuss new and established colour mutations.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

do they exist? what do they look like? does anyone have them?
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
fincher

they doo exist but mainly in europe. i may have a bird that may be pied but not sure its still young nd uncoloured but has got 4 pure white pied flight feathers on each wing then plus around the head theres a fiew fleck of white feathers soo im definatly holding onto this bird till it moults out and ill post pictures when its coloured up toward the end of the year as theres not much to show properly on camera

thanks chris
iaos

Fincher, i have an uncoloured bird with the 2 outer primaries on each side that are white, but i doesn't have the white flecks around the face. Others have suggested that it is split to aus yellow?

Jay, there is a photo of a pied gould in Russells new book credited to van den Hooven.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

all the more reason for me to get a copy :D :twisted:
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
fincher

mmm interetsen as were i got my bird from was me uncle and he has bred normal gouldians for the last 4years nd is on his 3rd generation of his own birds soo yeh i dont think it could be apossible split aust yellow but never know it could be some weird through back thats been lurking in the back grounds off the birds but would mean the parents would have to be both have to have some hidden gene as aust yellow is recessive

thanks chris
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All mutations originally came about by a spontanious anomally. Which just means something changed in their genes for unknow reasons and they turned out different. So this could be a spontanious anomally or one of those long hidden recessive genes, that has been lurking in the family and just decided to show up. Look forward to seeing the pics in 3 or 4 months.
LML
LML
fincher

well the gouldian i have has moulted out nicely now but still got to get the head feathers now which hopefully only a few weeks away so then ill post a few pics well the yellow flight feathers are still there nd a few arount the head and the back but doesnt really asemble the split Aust its more off a reall darker yellow on this birds it is a cock soo im thinking off pairing it to a normal hen but not exactly sure

thanks chris
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you can put it to 2 normal hens in succession that would be the go. Of course it may not agree. But that would give you half sibs to propogate the pied line. Looking forward to the pics. Thanks for the update Chris.
LML
LML

Return to “Mutation Finches”