Quails

coco23

thanks so much for that i think i mite take him out or put her in with our other male because her head is scabbed quite bad and has no feathers on her head at all :(
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ok
if it starts to bleed, then remove the male immediately and treat the wound if necessary.
several times my white hen was plucked her entire face and head, and she did grow them back after a while.
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cocks vary considerably in the extent of their pecking, with some it is just a token thing that will not even remove feathers. But unfortunately some are very agro and damage their mates. I tend to breed the gentle ones and the agros miss out. This improves the nature of my stock. Good luck, hope the other cock is more of a gent.
LML
LML
coco23

thanks agian! :)
we left her in for 24 hours to see how she went and watched their behaviour and what do you know the next day her head was baled but not a scab in sight! it was like someone had waved a magic wand and her head was fixed :)
We caught them have "sexy" time this morning for the first time ever which is making me more confident but I have posted a new topic which I would apreciate some advice on when you get a chance as I am going to see a quail breeder tomorrow arvo n I dont want to look like complete fool when I go out there :P
coco23

[quote] And as the finches need grasses too. It will all get used by someone.[quote]

what can I do to stop the zebras over stuffing their nests if i want to cover the floor for the quails??

Return to “Poultry & Game Birds”