Coloured Canaries

finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yep Dad is a "blue" again you will notice the markings in the wings. Dark ground birds like green and blue tend to show much more than light ground birds like yellow and white. The white is the "light" version of blue. So persumably a light gene from mum and a blue one from dad = white. Though as you observed her yellow has leatched through. Purists may complain but I have no problem with it. The 2nd young is also a blue, but the slight pinkish tinge has me curious? Looking forward to seeing Blues mate to satisfy my curiousity as to the origin of that pink. All nice coloured birds apart from :silent: well you know what I don't like by now. I also like blue very much. Truth be told I like the dark to middling birds with the markings in the wings, it's like you can see the line of the feathers and it somehow enhances them. Well thats my point of view. Lots of people prefer the clear birds. My mother included, so again different tastes, different people. Oh and yes I think you are right about that youngun in the back of the 2nd pic being a ring in but will await mum 2s pic before saying 100%
LML
LML
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This site explains a bit about colour and melanin in canaries. Pics are OK http://www.ariafromabirdcage.com/Color.htm
and if you Google "images, canary colours markings" you will get pics of properly marked lizard canaries amongst others, would put the link but it keep not working right.
LML
LML

Return to “Canaries”