wattle aviaries

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just wondering if any one was a member of Wattle Aviaries , Aviary League ?
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Buzzard-1

I is
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I just got my membership email but am wondering how to register birds with them to sell ...email asked me too do it but I cant find where ..
David Brent
cranberry

If you're thinking of joining don't bother unless you live in the Eastern states. I've asked upteen times for birds local to me and each time it's drawn a blank. Either they don't have any members in SA (more than likely) or they couldn't be bothered sourcing birds for me.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The fellas email is about registering to boost numbers of birds for him to source for buyers , must be a shortage . I live smack dang in the middle of nowhere , might have a good population here but absolutely no birds for sale unless you go through a pet shop ....local bird club is going down hill fast and I rely on Orange Bird Club for breeders ...
Thought I might give Wattle a go although I dont want to be freighting birds now until Winter so local is better for me but another finger in another pie blah blah.
David Brent
Nrg800

Would it be easier for me to get some of the harder birds to buy (Painted Button-Quail) from Wattle Aviarys, They've sold them at some point in the last two years... But I don't know when xD. And if you sell birds on there, about how long does it take (generally) for it to get bought?
Latest Lifer: Black-headed Gull (HaLong Bay. #528)
Australia List: 324 (White-throated Nightjar)
Global Year List: 119 (Powerful Owl)
dano_68

I have been a member for quite a while and from what I can tell demand has outstripped supply 10 to 1!

Michael is the organiser and is a really nice bloke, however I think he has got in over his head.

It seems everyone is asking for birds rather than selling.

There is also (as usual) a very large and boisterous bunch of hook bill keepers who keep Michael way too busy, way too much of the time to try and source finches.

He sends an email once in a blue moon listing what people want and what is available, but as I said, the list is 10:1 at the moment.

To list birds for sale and birds wanted you want just fill in the online form and if you have birds to sell Michael will contact you (via email)

It’s a good concept, but way too much work for one fellow (who also has a full time job and his own aviaries to maintain!)

So maybe someone could offer to volunteer some time to compile and source birds?

Otherwise I just sit patiently and wait for that miracle email that will say “Congratulations, someone has XXX for sale @ $ if you want them!!?

It happened once, but by the time I got the email after I got home from work (4 hours later) they were all sold – all 10 of them :(

(BTW, they were Rufous backed Mannikin (Lonchura bicolor nigriceps @ $100 pr)

Oh well, I wait with anticipation it may happen again…but I ain’t holding my breath :yawn:
desertbirds

I`ve been a member for awhile now and sold Wattle Aviaries some birds last year.He basically took some Pictorellas,Diamonds and Black Breasted button Quail on consignment.It took a little while for him to sell the birds but i got paid for everything i sent.I havent had a lot of luck sourcing stock form him when i`ve been chasing birds but he regularly has some nice birds on the site that are available.I think his main problems are available space to hold birds and the ability to buy birds outright.He is a nice guy and fairly helpful.The only way I`ve sourced some of the birds ive chased over the years is to get on the phone,i`ve probably spent more on phone bills than birds lol.I`ve found most people really helpful and willing to give up a number of someone who may have what your after.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think he is trying to get a register going so that he is just the middle man and transactions are actually carried out by the buyer and seller . Great idea which Im sure will steam ahead when he gets enough people with available stock on the books.
David Brent
shirltra96

I have got birds from Wattle Aviaries in the past, Michael was very helpfull, very hard and expensive to get some birds up here,join it's free, the more Finches on the list the better
cheers

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”