Full red fronted painteds

Includes Species Profile.
wilsta

Jayburd wrote:hmm, heard great things about that pet store in the latest Birdkeeper Mag. Wish I was old enough to drive there!!!! :mrgreen:
In regards to Kellyville Pets the last visit I went there they had a fairly basic collection of finches and left disappointed. But hopefully things improve by far the best is at Rooty Hill Crystal Pet Wire centre.
Lukec

I find the best selection of finches in sydney are at Ace Colony in Wentworthville.
Living In a Unit is Worse Than Being Attached to a Ball and Chain.
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

aaand have also heard great things about both of those.
:roll:
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
wilsta

Lukec wrote:I find the best selection of finches in sydney are at Ace Colony in Wentworthville.
I drive past that place almost every day for work and never been, maybe I should go have a looksee. I thought they were mostly parrots
mickw

Lukec wrote:I find the best selection of finches in sydney are at Ace Colony in Wentworthville.
Only the best come from Wenty ;) ............they were there when I was a kid in the early 80's.........and Dad remembers there was a guy somewhere along there when he was a kid in the 40's :o
VR1Ton

I think Ace was the one Bruce Cabirie ( not sure how to spell) had, my farther used to tell me about him as a kid, had his fingers in all sorts of pies.
mickw

Sounds about right.....my Dad was normally reluctant to go there.....though, in their day, they were shy of foreigners ;) .....Consequently, we used to go to Allan's Aviaries at Smithfield......I think he ended up in gaol after laying out a heap of dead cockies on the front lawn of Parliament House as a protest against the trapping prohibition :roll: .....old Alan was great to watch catching birds......so quick :o ......and never wore a glove even with cockies 8-)
77sedan253

So is there anyone in western Sydney / Blue Mountains that I could buy a pair off?
E Orix

I think Allan lives about 15km from my home and he keeps trotters these days
He sold alot of birds over the years.
I doubt if there would be one old bird dealer that didn't have some skelatons in their cupboard
Fincho162

Allan Parmenter (excuse spelling) had Allan's Aviaries and at about the same time Alan Johnson had Ashfield Aviares ( the forerunner of Les Lentons Birdsville) - met both and they were top people.
Bruce Cabere (spelling again!!) had Featherdale Aviaries

The guy who knocked the cockies on national TV was one of the Ackeroyds I think you'll find - watched that episode with horror..........summat to do with protesting the export bans on cockies overseas................

Return to “Painted”