Submissions to Vic Gov't Close Aug 31, 2011

Latest news from the AFF team.
GregH

I just noticed in the July issue of Talking Birds a plea from Henk de Groot (Secretary of Victorian Avicultural Council) concering the close of submissions for the Vicorian Government's review of the current Wildlife Regulations 2002. The VAC is a member of the Wildlife Posession and Trade Advisory Committee that will influence the future direction of the wildlife regulations in Victoria for the next 10 years. If you are a Victorian aviculturist or other keeper of native animals you need to read through the current regulations and decide what you think need to be changed (within reason). Submission will only be accepted on the Changes to Schedules and Changes to Regulations forms. Completed submissions can be sent to the following members of the Wildlife Posession and Trade Advisory Committee :
Private keeping of Birds Henk De Groot [email protected]
Wildlife Dealers (Pet Shops) Jodie Graham [email protected]
Private keeping of Mammals Glenn Rathjen [email protected]
Private keeping of Reptiles Peter Comber [email protected]
Commercial Displayers & Demonstrators Neroli Heffer [email protected]
Tintola

OMG!!!!!!!! Glad that I don't live in Victoria. Not complete over regulation and insanity, but it comes close.
OH LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!Image
Tintola

Did all of the Victorian bird-keepers on this forum read this? I would hate it to disappear into oblivion before you do.
It would not be good for this to go through, as it might be used as a template for NSW and we don't want such over regulation to destroy our hobby.
Last edited by Tintola on 31 Jul 2011, 19:16, edited 2 times in total.
OH LORD, SAVE ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!Image
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Perhaps a stronger title to the post like "ATTENTION VICTORIAN BIRDKEEPERS" might get them looking . Iknow I would want to read it if I lived down south .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
Slick

What's this the gov trying to bring in new rules
natamambo

I'm in Vic and saw the post. Just not sure what to say, as I have been unable to know what the Govt is asking for submissions on or how to contribute in any way. If they had a list of proposals to comment on it would be a whole lot easier to submit.
natamambo

Went searching and discovered that public comment to any proposals will be sought in 2012. When we see what is being proposed it will be whole lot easier for we amateurs to make a meaningful submission.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sounds like they are trying to keep everyone confused to buy time .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
GregH

I was a little confused by Henk De Groote's letter in Talking birds as it too mentions that public input was to have been received by 2012 but I take it from his plea that either the WPTAC has a deadline of Aug 31 or the Government has changed it's mind. In any case it is VERY important that victorian keepers read the current rules and submit their proposals if any. It may be that nothing changes as there is nothing to indicate that anything will.I think it's rreat that the government is asking for consultation by stakeholders (ie bird keepres) but it's not been as widely advertised perhaps as it could have been.

Return to “Announcements, News & Rules”