Nine and counting......

Ask your questions about breeding finches here.
regalado95

Are you sure they are all from the same parents it could be another couple putting in their
Diane

Ive taken out the eggs laid after the 2 day break so now there is only the original 5 left and the hen is sitting tight so I doubt she will let any more eggs get laid
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Lukec

Hi

About 10 years ago i had a nest of 8 birds survive to maturity.

I would agree that itwas most likely all the eggs did not come from the same hen, what i found more interesting was the fact that i had a Hen Cuthroat in this Aviary that assisted with the feeding.

Sometimes i think it is worth letting nature run its course and see what comes of it.

You never know what is possible.

Cheers
Luke
Living In a Unit is Worse Than Being Attached to a Ball and Chain.
Diane

:shock: bit more drama with this same nest......its like episodes of Days of our Lives (no I dont watch it :lol: )

as I said earlier I removed the "cuckoo" eggs and in due course the five hatched. !st egg hatched about 10 days ago, couple of days ago I saw another egg in the nest and one baby with what looked like blood on its neck and it was very close to the opening and very cold...I put it back under the other babies and hoped for the best. Today I checked and all five are well. I guess another hen really wanted that nest.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits

Return to “Breeding Finches”