Stuning start to morning

spoton

Was up at 5am this morning as usual to feed the horses etc and came aross a solitary King Parrot helping itself to the fruit in my loquat tree. Stunning bird, bright red head and chest with the vivid green back!!!!!!

It can help itself to as many loquats it wants as long as it brings a couple of friends next time.

Funny thing is that we usually only ever see 1 King Parrot at a time (wonder if its the same one each time???, if so it would be at least 4 years old as that is how long we have seen it around)
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Awesome sight they are .
We had them bring their young to the seed feeders on Bowen Mountain . Could hear them a mile away .They always remind me of x.mas with the green and red .

Lucky you and I hope they bring their mates over for a feed .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
djb78

I absolutely love King parrots if I ever was going back to hook bills that's the one I would be getting, don't know if you'll ever get a flick of them but when it finds a partner they pretty much mate for life. In captivity it can take up to five years for a pair to bond and sometimes they won't bond. I hope that you can get a few more into your yard and if you can get some photos that would be a great sight to see.
Danny
Nrg800

The king parrot we feed always comes alot at this time of year, when he's raising babies. And then they come around just after they fledge.
Latest Lifer: Black-headed Gull (HaLong Bay. #528)
Australia List: 324 (White-throated Nightjar)
Global Year List: 119 (Powerful Owl)
Lukec

This made me a recall a similar thing from earlier in the year, when i was driving near Manila NSW at 7am in the morning and there was a pair of Crimsonwings feeding on a sunflower plant on the side of the road emphasized by the rising sun.

I will never forget this.

Some things in life are priceless.
Living In a Unit is Worse Than Being Attached to a Ball and Chain.

Return to “Anything else”