Cabinet

Includes Species Profile.
Brett

How do Gouldians go breeding in cabinets compared to Avairy breeding... :think: :think: :think:

Brett
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

as far as I know (never tried it) Gouldians do quite well in cabinets, and it's better for controlling your breeding I suppose. I prefer aviaries simply because they show so much better :P
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
natamambo

Fine Brett. Only way to control your pairings for specific breeding requirements (other than a kazillion aviaries of course, still with 1 pair per flight).

They need space, 2' x 18" at a minimum, ideally 3' x 2' per cage. They'll get fat in a small cage and then unfit and then....

Limit to 2-3 clutches then put them back the aviary to admire (with reference to Jay's comment's ;-) ).
Tt101

i think they breed better in individual flights because you dont deal with pair dominance, other more productive or invasive birds and aggression. that being said breeding them in the aviary is not bad but could lead to less babies being produced
salaar

I breed birds in cages meter-long, never had a problem. Birds do not grow fat with a balanced feed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

From my observations ...

Subject Zebs ...

3 pair in 1.5 x1.2 x90 absolute idiots , fighting , scabby heads ..Im ashamed of them.

1 pair in cabinet no squabbling and have young almost ready to fledge ...harmonious and a pleasure to own.

Subject Gouldians

In a mixed aviary same as above shameful behaviour but when put into a cabinet feathers grew back and all was peaceful.

Less stress in decent sized cabinet . :D
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent

Return to “Gouldian”