dead again :(

HARVEY123456789

i had two quail die their first week of life now two dead to day :0 what am i doing wrong , i couldnt see anything wrong with them , ?
grasswren

Hi Harvey 1-9 I presume you have king quail and You didnt say weather the quail were still in the aviary or were being hand raised. In a aviary situation many things can cause deaths being sepperated from mum and dad overnight, being walked on by the parents, not being fed or feed not available, unable to get to the water, drowning, getting cold overnight, getting wet, being harrassed by other birds ,mice/rats or just being abbandomed by parents. and another is being killed by the aggressive parent who wants their mate to lay more eggs.
It also depends weather your breeders have been hand raised or bred in the open There is a lot to consider and you can only correct the problems by trial and error or by catching the young and raising them yourself Hope this helps Bob
HARVEY123456789

yer im shore what happen , the male is been agressive and mounting the hen again ? should i take the 2 left out ?
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

can you move the cock bird to an other aviary, the young should ok with mum ....

Return to “Anything else”