new aviary

HARVEY123456789

this is my aviary how much do u think its worth any any idea what i should use a flooring ect will be use to house quakers and lorries
3 bay aviary , inclose walk way , 2.5 wide (each bay), 2.1 high (each bay) and 3m long (each bay)

look forward for info guys :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HARVEY123456789

more pics

sorry they arnt loading correctly if you guys can look here u will see some of my birds and the aviary all birds in photos are( for sale ) except one lowering stock.
http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/HARVEY6195/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Some perching and logs for nesting and you will be ready to put a pair in each avairy. Good luck.
LML
LML
Danny

If you intend to keep quakers I'd be painting the back wall (you can see oxidising in the pic) and retreating the wire with vinegar - that's a heavy metal nightmare and quakers are the heavy metal disease experts - and even then I'd be crossing fingers every day.
I'd also be wary about using cable ties to keep the wire on - they break down pretty quickly with UV exposure and are quite chewable.
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes cable ties are like a chew toy for parrots .

Hold off putting anything in there until all the wire is secured properly , loose dangly wires are fixed and the rusty parts sanded and painted , and the floor of course .
Any sanded metal fragments also need to be removed from the ground so the birds dont eat them when foraging .

It has potential but needs work . Good size too .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
HARVEY123456789

i havnt painted it havent treated it and theres mouse and rat wirwe then small bird wire stoping them from eatting the tin , and caple tyes are around it also theres correct clipping wire to hold mesh in place , what can i do to treat it so they dont eat it ? just panit it ?
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wouldnt painting it just be a quick fix ? I imagine the rust would eat through the paint in no time .

We have built aviaries from recycled materials and from memory the other half used either a grinder or sander to get the metal back to scratch and then painted over it .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
HARVEY123456789

so would u reconmend that i should take them out ????????? they cant get to the tin theres 2 sections of wire infront of it ?
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Harvey why don't you read the advice, that members have been kind enough to give you, more than once.
You appear to be continually challenging what has been said. almost as though you are waiting for someone to say exactly what it is you want to be told.
The kindest thing I can say is for you to listen more and talk less, this way you should learn more.
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
HARVEY123456789

sorry mate i pulled them out about a hour after i wrote that comment n replaced hole back section with new colorbond

Return to “Anything else”