need a new hookbill challenge

st helena waxbill

thehammer wrote:
st helena waxbill wrote:There not a bird that everyone else has there bluddy hard to get hold of I have been looking for the months for a young pair that are just breaking color and havent found any all that i have seen so far is the on 20 year old males or females that are single mature birds. So get them wich is my suggestion no one else has them and there really hard to get hold of I have been after them for months. They have a pair for sale in orange for $250 I only fond that out after I got back to sydney :thumbdown: wich is my luck.
And also if you hand raise them you can sell the hand raised babys for like $600 so big $$ aswell.
If you are very lucky you can get kings for $200 pr – not hard to find in vic . I think they look better in their natural habitat instead of an aviary anyway – naturally quiet. Sadly another species hit by circo.

Yes I have seen them before as low as $200 pr on petlink sadly no were near were I live I have also seen them as high as $400 at my pet shop.
Diane

Are these the one you are getting?
http://threatenedspecies.environment.ns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... x?id=10644
jusdeb wrote:Yep thats them BB
Very nice. I like the smaller hookbills.
I will be seeing a hand raised blue quaker today.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quakers are gawjus little birds , not aussie but thats ok :D they make the most abrasive noise though .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

May have to go with plan b ...Stanleys or Red Capped .
Seriously this search for Regents is doing my head in .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent

Return to “Anything else”